2021 Nissan Altima Safety Review
As you explore more about safety and driver assistance in the Nissan Altima by reading the sections below, feel free to reach out with any questions you may have!
Nissan Altima: Safety Awards
The highly respected Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) awarded the Nissan Altima as a 2020 TOP SAFETY PICK. This honor was given to models outfitted with available front crash prevention and specific headlights.
Similarly, to give you even more peace of mind, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) awarded the 2020 Nissan Altima a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating. This is the highest number of stars available and combines frontal crash, side crash, and rollover ratings into one score.
Driver-Assist Features in the 2021 Nissan Altima
The Nissan Altima comes standard with the Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection system. Not only does this intelligent system monitor your surroundings and provide audible and visual alerts, but it will even intervene, if need be, to mitigate or help avoid a collision. So, every time you get behind the wheel, you’ll know you have some extra support along for the ride.
A RearView Monitor also comes standard, providing a clear view of what’s around your Nissan Altima. This allows you to maneuver in Reverse with greater confidence. Additionally, the Intelligent Around View® Monitor is available, providing a complete 360-degree view of your 2021 Nissan Altima.
When you select a higher Nissan Altima trim level, you’ll have the help of additional Nissan Safety Shield® 360 features, including:
- Rear Automatic Braking: Brakes autonomously if it detects something stationary behind your Nissan Altima as you’re backing up.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: Alerts you if it notices a fellow driver approaching behind your vehicle while you’re maneuvering in Reverse.
- Blind Spot Warning: Warns you if a fellow driver is passing through or sitting in your blind spot as you attempt to change lanes.
- Lane Departure Warning: Helps ensure you’ll only switch lanes when you intend to by alerting you if you begin to drift from your lane.
- High Beam Assist: Adjusts brightness automatically to ensure both maximum visibility for the driver and courtesy to other drivers.
Nissan Altima: Passive Safety
The 2021 Nissan Altima is also equipped with passive, protective features like the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) System. This feature enables you to quickly secure your children in their car seats without using seat belts.
Furthermore, it features roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags with a rollover sensor for the front- and rear-seat outboard that provides occupant head protection. If an impact does occur, this system better ensures the well-being of everyone on board.
Test Drive the 2021 Nissan Altima Today
At Sheridan Nissan, we think you’ll love driving the Nissan Altima and also feel safe as you navigate the open road. To experience the 2021 Nissan Altima for yourself, contact us to schedule your test drive near New Castle, Wilmington, and Newark, DE, today!