Sheridan Showdown: 2018 Nissan Armada vs. Toyota Sequoia
Thank you for choosing Sheridan Nissan! We proudly serve New Castle, DE and are happy you have allowed us to prove our commitment to customer service. We will help you find the perfect car for you because we offer a wide selection and various offers and incentives.
The 2018 Nissan Armada is a top of the line full-sized SUV. If you are between that and the 2018 Toyota Sequoia, let us show you while the more affordable Armada comes out on top!
Nissan Intelligent Mobility™ offers a number of features within Nissan’s Safety Shield Technologies. You won’t find these features in the Toyota Sequoia, including:
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning1: This monitors two cars ahead of you for their distance and speed, and alerts you with any changes to avoid any potential collisions.
- Intelligent Around View® Monitor2: Using four cameras, get a complete 360° view of both the stationary and moving objects around your Armada. Move with confidence knowing what is and what isn’t near you.
- Intelligent Back-Up Intervention3: Detects other vehicles or objects that enter your path as you back out of a parking spot (or just back up). This goes one step further from alerting you, and applies the brakes to avoid a fender bender.
- Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention4: Not only does this alert you if another car is in your blind spot, but will actively guide you back to your lane if you begin merging while someone is in your blind spot.
- Intelligent Rearview Mirror5: When you have a car full of people (or cargo), it might be difficult to use your rearview mirror to see behind you. To get an accurate view of behind your car before backing up, the rearview mirror switches to a monitor screen using a camera that is at the back of your car.
NissanConnect® services bring an added layer of convenience to your driving experience. You have remote access on your phone to lock/unlock the Armada, adjust your front windows and start the car. The GPS response system can also detect if there has been a collision and send help. You can get turn by turn directions and see your route on the 8” color touch screen. You won’t find all of this together in the Toyota Sequoia.
Power and Strength
The powerful Armada outperforms the Sequoia. The Endurance® 5.6L V8 engine delivers 390 hp compared to 381 hp from the Sequoia’s 5.7L V8 engine. According to Car and Driver, the Armada reaches a top speed of 133 mph (compared to 115 mph in the Sequoia) and takes 5.9 seconds to go from 0-60 mph (compared to 6.7 seconds). The Nissan delivers more power and is faster.
You can tow more with the Armada as well— up to 8,500 lbs. The Sequoia can only tow up to 7,400 lbs.
Visit Sheridan Nissan to learn even more about the 2018 Armada. Take a test drive to feel its power and experience its space and comfort. We guarantee you’ll like it more than the Sequoia!